Cialis also known as Tadalafil, is a drug that is used in treatment of both erectile dysfunction and enlarged prostate conditions.
It contains the active ingredient tadalafil that belongs to a group of medications called phosphodiesterase 5 (PDE5) inhibitors meaning it blocks PDE-5. This leads to relaxation of certain muscles and blood vessels, thus increasing blood flow to the penis and hence stimulating an erection.
is a phosphodiesterase-5 enzyme (PDE-5) inhibitor, meaning it blocks PDE-5. This relaxes certain muscles and blood vessels, which increases blood flow to the penis to help with an erection. Cialis (tadalafil) also treats enlarged prostate symptoms. It also used in treating symptoms of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), a prostate condition that causes problems with urination as it relaxes muscles of the bladder, allowing an individual to urinate more easily.
- Cialis (tadalafil) is usually taken as a 10 mg dose about 30 minutes before sexual activity when needed. The dose can be adjusted anywhere from 5 mg to 20 mg depending on response.Cialis should not be taken more than once a day at any dose.
- For people taking Cialis (tadalafil) daily, the usual dose is 2.5 mg to 5 mg by mouth once a day. This does not have to be timed based on sexual activity.
For treatment for symptoms of benign prostatic hyperplasia, the recommended dosage is 5 mg once a day and should be taken about the same time each day.
The dosage prescribed will depend on several factors including:
- The type and severity of the condition Cialis to treat
- Other medical conditions an individual has e.g liver or kidney disease
- How often in usage of the drug
Advantages and Disadvantages of Cialis (tadalafil)
- It is a first-choice medication for treating erectile dysfunction.
- It can be taken either as needed, or on a regular basis for those who need it more regularly. This means one can be more spontaneous about the timing of sex.
- It has longer-lasting effects than Viagra.
- It can’t be taken if an individual had a heart attack in the past 3 months, or a stroke or heart failure in the past 6 months.
- Can’t be used if you’ve recently taken nitrates like Isordil, Imdur, or nitroglycerin (Nitro-BID, Nitro-Dur, Nitrostat).
- If an individual is older than 65 years of age,as one might have more side effects.
Side effects of Cialis(tadalafil).
Common side effects
- Headache (11-15%)
- Indigestion (4-10%)
- Back pain (3-6%)
Other side effects
- Muscle ache (1-3%)
- Nasal congestion (2-3%)
- Flushing (2-3%)
- Pain in arms/legs (1-3%)
Risks and warnings for Cialis (tadalafil)
Cialis (tadalafil) can cause some serious health issues. This risk may be even higher for certain groups.
- RISK OF HEART ATTACK OR STROKE
- Existing heart condition | Recent heart attack or stroke in past 6 months | High or low blood pressure
- LOW BLOOD PRESSURE
- Taking alpha blockers | Taking medications for high blood pressure or chest pain (angina) | Drinking alcohol
- PROLONGED ERECTION
- Peyronie’s disease | Cavernosal fibrosis | Sickle cell anemia
- VISION CHANGES
- If you suddenly notice changes in your vision in one or both eyes, go to the emergency room or call your doctor immediately.
- HEARING LOSS
- There have been reports of men having permanent hearing loss while taking Cialis (tadalafil). This may happen along with ringing in the ears (tinnitus) and dizziness.
- INCREASED SIDE EFFECTS WITH OTHER MEDICINES
Age 65 years or older | Liver disease | Kidney disease | Taking medications such as nitrates, anti-hypertensives, alpha blockers, ketoconazole, or ritonavir
How to buy Cialis in Australia?
Cialis can be bought from a registered pharmacist with a prescription from the doctor.